Transformational time out.
Pregnancy massage can be of enormous benefit not only to the mother but also to the unborn baby. Massage during pregnancy can be a magical experience and research shows that unborn babies can benefit greatly from the ‘feel good’ endorphins that released from the mother.
Pregnancy can be a wonderful time for a woman, but with the joys of the new baby’s development, comes many changes to the mother’s body putting pressure on joints, ligaments and organs. There is ample evidence which supports the tremendous benefits of pregnancy massage as shown below. This lovely massage often referred to as the cuddly massage, can also be of great help post birth, aiding toning of the uterus and allowing precious healing and quiet time. ( I am open to you bringing new born babies to the session if you need to, just ask me about it)
- Stimulation of circulation; distributing essential nutrients to the vital organs including placenta to aid development of your baby.
- Lymphatic drainage; helps to reduce odeama, which can be a contributory factor in carpal tunnel.
- Sluggish bowel movement is aided.
- Releases muscular tension; easing sciatica, prolapsed disks and SPD.
- Releases compression on the nerves.
- Helps avoid varicose veins.
- Induces deep relaxation.
- Helps reduce emotional stress.
- Helps to level blood pressure.
- Massage encourages oxytocin; the pain relieving hormone.
- Enhances relationship with your own body; your unborn child and your partner.
Vital monitoring support; I will stay I touch with your GP, midwife(NHS or independent), doula etc if any changes occur so that your treatment is safe at all times.
1 hr full body -£50 1hr full body Lomi lomi – £50
At consultation please bring your red book from the midwife. I will provide you with a pamphlet on complimentary information for pregnancy to help you.
I look forward to being part of this very special journey.